Friday, February 10, 2006

Something's wrong in Smallville

There are times in life when you know you're just not keeping up with the Joneses. Normally I'm fine with that. But today, I'm just down. Because the newspaper has deemed fit to just rub my nose in it. Not only do I know that I'm not doing my duty as an American, keeping the economy running by spending lavishly, but now everyone else will too. How do I know this? Because the Star Tribune has just published a story that's bound to make vagabonds of the world (me) feel bad:

Valentine dates under $300


Wait. Never mind. It's a typo.

The real headline is:

Three Valentine's Day dates under $30


I mean, it's still over my $3 limit, but... it's a lot closer than $300. Now I feel much better about not keeping up with the Joneses. Don't any of you take this the wrong way, but happy Valentines Day.

No comments: