Monday, August 08, 2005

Procrastination vs Perfectionism

I realize it's been a while since my last post. Not because there haven't been things going on, or getting my dander up, but because I've been making the mistake of drafting the posts in a word-processing program. When I do that, I re-read things, think them through a few times, and decide I really shouldn't post whatever it is I wrote. That's why I made myself a new rule: posts can only be written in my web browser. No Word/Open Office for me.

So what's been happening? A weekend full of hilarity, or perhaps just mayhem.

Friday was a good day, with several of my house mates and another HHHer from town deciding that going to a bar to celebrate the end of the week would have been too expensive. Instead we held a happy-hour at the apartment and had a few cold and tasty beverages from our own cellars. The highlight of the evening (for everyone but me) came when we were cleaning up, and our guest decided to pick up a bottle next to me. When she bent over to grab it, she managed to "forget" there was a full bottle in her arms. Lets just say by the time she managed to pick up the bottle she reached for, she had an empty bottle, and my clothes were beer-flavored. I can just hear the "hou-gai's" coming.

Saturday a troop of us decided to venture into high society and eat at a swanky restaurant in town, Cafe Promenade. It was a phenomenal meal made almost affordable for me by the fact that one week every summer many of the nicer restaurants in town create their own "set menu" 3 or 5 course meal, sort of like a daily special, for $30. (Entrees at most sit down places in DC run in the $15 range). I can't normally justify spending 30 dollars on dinner, but Saturday's meal was absolutely phenomenal. Salad, filet mignon, and a chocolate desert cake that were all spectacular.

Yesterday was a doosey as well, since I went with one of the guys to play ultimate frisbee with his co-workers from last summer. I need to spend some more time running, otherwise I'm not going to be able to keep up with the youngsters out there.

Here's wishing that you are having a good start to your week, and that no one empties a beer bottle on you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are exactly four hougais as a result of your latest blog. They come from Brian, Meng Yan, Li Wengang and myself. Wait a day and there will be more I promise.

Greetings from Jilin!